Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday the 29th Day of the Diet

WEIGHT: 159.9

It was pouring when I got up this morning and rained all day. I took this picture when I got up and went downstairs.













BRUNCH: I made myself an omelette with 1 slice of American cheese, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, lean ham, shredded Mexican cheese blend, and hollandaise sauce. Plus I had a glass of skim milk.

SNACK: 6 Triscuit Crisps with natural peanut butter and a glass of merlot.

SUPPER: I made homemade wheat bread from scratch by hand and had two slices when it came out of the oven. On the first one I had just Benecol but I toasted the second slice and put Benecol and seafood salad on it. I used half whole wheat flour and half white. The recipe came from my old Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook that is almost 40 years old. It called for 3 tablespoons of shortening but I used 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of Benecol instead. A little healthier and delish!











EXERCISE: I walked 6 times around the block before it started raining again. Other than that, just the usual cleaning and laundry. Plus the ten minutes I kneaded the bread!

No comments: