Monday, October 5, 2009

Back to Better Dieting...Day 12: Monday

WEIGHT: 163.9 The weekend cost me a pound. Not too bad.

BREAKFAST: bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with sliced banana and skim milk. I've got one more bowl of this cereal left and I'll be glad when it's done because it's sweeter than I like.

SNACK: a cup of Smartfood popcorn

LUNCH: leftover spaghetti from last week made with chicken and tons of veggies.

SUPPER: Quesadilla: I sprinkled EVOO in my frying pan then put a whole grain tortilla in. I layered 1 slice pepperjack cheese, slices of chicken breast from the roasted chicken I bought at the IGA today, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, roasted red peppers (Just in case you didn't notice, I like peppers of all kinds!), a few little pieces of onion, and shredded Mexican cheese.

Then I put another tortilla on top and let it cook, covered, on medium heat for about 7-10 minutes. To turn it over, I put a paper plate on it and inverted the whole pan then slid the quesadilla back into the pan to cook the other side, covered, until everything was all melty, probably 5 more minutes. I used a pizza cutter to divide it into four pieces and topped each with salsa and 1 teaspoon of sour cream (I should point out that normally I would have used about 2 tablespoons of sour cream on each piece!).

For a drink I had a large glass of skim milk.





Yummy









EXERCISE: I took a walk through the community garden this afternoon taking pictures because it was just so beautiful out.



Tonight, I walked around the block 6 times for a total of about a mile and a half.

No comments: