Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Day 28 of the DD

WEIGHT: Don't know. I overslept and forgot to get on the scale. Tomorrow.

BREAKFAST: seafood salad in a WW Deli Flat and a banana at school because I didn't have time to eat at home.

SNACK: 6 Triscuit Crisps with natural peanut butter

LUNCH: seafood salad in a WW Deli Flat, carrot sticks, apple cider

SUPPER: tuna in 98% fat-free mushroom soup with skim milk on homemade wheat bread with Benecol. (I didn't make the bread; I bought it at the corner store. It's made locally by the grandmother of one of my students. It's not 100% whole wheat but, at least, she uses all natural and real ingredients with no preservatives.) And a glass of milk.

EXERCISE: 6 times around the block.

REFLECTION: I started out calling this the "Damn Diet" because I envisioned feeling hungry and missing my favorite foods (like dips and chips, etc.) but it hasn't been that bad, overall. I've lost a bit of weight and haven't felt deprived at all. I've always done the whole grain thing so that was easy. I thought I'd miss my glass of wine at night but I like myself much better when I'm not feeling like a noodle. Yes, I still occasionally have a glass (or two!) but, I think it's important not to feel like I'm doing something I can't sustain.

And blogging about it really helps when I'm tempted to eat something I know I shouldn't. In the back of my head is the knowledge that I'll have to fess up here.

So, forget about all those expensive diet programs and books; just blog about what you eat and how much you weigh and, voila! It'll work.

No comments: