Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday's Eating Extravaganza

WEIGHT: 157.2  This is about to change drastically, I'm afraid!

BREAKFAST: We stopped at McDonald's in Gorham on our way to Maine.  I had an Egg McMuffin and water.

SNACK:  An hour later when we got to South Paris, we stopped at Burger King and I had a ham, egg, and cheese croissant.

LUNCH: After Gary's eye appointment at the Mall in So. Portland, we went to the food court and I had a turkey focaccia sandwich from Amatto's.  It consisted of turkey, lettuce, tomato, roasted red peppers, provolone cheese, and mayo.  It was huge and I ate the whole thing!

COCKTAIL HOUR: We went into the lounge of the Holiday Inn by the Bay in Portland and I had 2 Sea Breezes. (vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice)

SUPPER: We met a camper friend at J's Oyster House and she and I had the pasta dinner special of any two pasta dishes for $25.  I chose shrimp scampi and it was to die for.  It was served over angel-hair pasta.  I also had another sea breeze.

DESSERT: On the way back to our hotel, we stopped at Gritty McDuff's and I had yet another sea breeze but I couldn't finish it and for dessert I had a small order of sweet potato fries with maple sour cream.  After that I waddled to the Holiday Inn!

EXERCISE: In the morning Gary dropped me off at Ocean Park Beach for an hour while he went to the motorcycle shop.  I walked along the surf for a good half hour.  Then, while he was at the eye doctor's, I walked the whole length of the mall and out to Border's Books and back.  Once we checked into our hotel, we walked down to the Old Port about 10 minutes away and back again.

No comments: