Saturday, December 5, 2009

Look What I Found!

I was in the cellar this morning and saw this old tin.


I opened it up and this is what I saw:

A bunch of old letters I wrote to my husband and he wrote to me. Some are from before we were married. Others are from after we'd been married about 5 years and he went to Alaska to work for about 7 weeks. Some are even letters from his mom and grandmother to him at that time.
There was also an embarrassingly horrible poem I wrote for Gary and my eighth-grade graduation card from St. Patrick's Grammar School in 1963.

The large picture was scrunched in the bottom. It's my high school graduation picture containing all 250 of us. I looked for myself but couldn't find me. The high school I graduated from is the same one I now teach at but it's in a newer building. Each graduating class now has only about 100-125 students. Our city has decreased that much!

I'm so mad at myself for not taking better care of that photo! But thrilled to find these treasures. Look at the old stamps! Can you see that some of the ones from Gary are upside down? That meant something at the time. I love you? I miss you? Something like that, anyway. Does anybody remember?

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Linda, what a terrific find! What precious memories.

Anonymous said...

Memories! Priceless!

Walks with Wolves said...

You might check with your school and see if you could order another copy of the photo. :)

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I think it means I love you.

Oh, I looked it up. It means
Lovesick, lonesome or I love you.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Great find!!