Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Weekend


All the routes to camp are under construction. Last week I tried route 2 and ended up getting stopped for a good 15 minutes while trucks were unloading gravel. I actually grabbed my book and read!

This week I decided to go down through Fryeburg and take routes 113 and 117. Wouldn't you know, more construction! This time the road was closed entirely and I had to take a long detour and, even on that route, I got stopped once for paving.

Very frustrating!

But I'm here, now, and the weather is gorgeous so, as soon as my laundry is done, I'm heading to the beach. Can't think of a better place to unwind!

I love how old fashioned Amy's pennant is...when times were simpler and more genteel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy! have fun at the beach!

shraddha

Lisa said...

Road construction....grrrr. A necessary evil that put food on our table for 33 years. The thing I learned about it is danged if you do and danged if you don't--people hate bad roads, but construction is so inconvenient! At any rate, I hear you!
The layout you used really highlights Amy's pennant. I, too did the acrylic nail thing for about 7 years. And I also loved the opi colors. The clever names are the best!