Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The DD! Day 6: Tuesday

WEIGHT: 164.3. I think the weekend is catching up with me!

BREAKFAST: bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with raspberries and skim milk.

SNACK: About a cup of Smartfood popcorn

LUNCH: chicken salad made with 1 tablespoon canola mayo and 1/4 teaspoon horseradish dressing on a WW Deli Flat with lettuce, roasted red pepper, and sliced tomatoes. I also had about half a cup of popcorn.

SNACK: tablespoon of natural peanut butter

SUPPER: I made a spaghetti sauce of onions, green peppers, zucchini, roasted red peppers sauteed in olive oil. Then I added leftover chicken, fresh tomatoes, tomato puree, V8, 1/2 cup of prepared Alfredo sauce, garlic powder (I forgot to buy fresh garlic, dammit!), basil, rosemary, cayenne pepper, and a bay leaf. I had it over WW angel hair pasta. It was to die for if I do say so myself.



Here are the veggies sauteeing. Gosh, it smelled so good!




And here it is simmering after the rest of the ingredients were added.



I need to add here that this is really a labor of love because I somehow broke the timer on the stove and it constantly buzzes. Since Gary is at camp and not here to fix it, I've had to turn the breaker for the stove off when it's not in use. And when it is in use...yes, I have to listen to the buzzing! As I did tonight.

EXERCISE: Another 6 times around the block like last night and, like last night, it started to rain. A quarter of my walk was uphill.

No comments: