Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Damn Diet! Day 2: Friday

I don't think my scale works that accurately because when I got on it Friday morning, it read 165.1. I know I didn't lose almost two pounds overnight! (Especially with that supper the night before!) I always weigh myself in the morning just after my shower so the conditions were the same.

Anyway, I've still got a ways to go!

Friday was semi successful, again.

BREAKFAST: Whole Wheat English muffin with Benecol and peanut butter (I've got to get the natural kind; that Skippy is just too sweet!), banana (I'm buying berries next week), and a glass of skim milk.

SNACK: small handful of mixed nuts. I should point out in my defense that a student brought me a warm, cinnamony piece of coffee cake and I didn't eat it!

LUNCH: Seafood salad made with shrimp, crabmeat, imitation crab, and canola mayo (half the fat and calories of regular mayo) on a whole wheat Deli Flat bun (by Pepperridge Farm) with sliced tomatoes and golden cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, and water to drink.

And now comes the bad part, just like yesterday.

SUPPER: We went to Kerrymen's Pub with Nathan and Danielle and I made some poor choices again. (I'm so weak!) 1 1/2 glasses of merlot, macaroni and cheese and hotdogs. (The guy sitting next to me at the bar ordered it and it looked so darn good, I couldn't control my mouth when it was time to order! So, it's really not my fault!) I only ate 2/3 of it (talk about filling!) but had three hotdogs (somebody shoot me!)

EXERCISE: I walked briskly around the perimeter of the campground but only once because I didn't want to be rude to our guests. (How's that for an excuse?)

I'm asking myself why on earth I started this diet on a Thursday when I knew the weekend would be difficult. Oh, well, at least I'm determined even though I'm not always strong.

No comments: