Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas 2007




Kylie had no idea what Christmas was all about...at the beginning. Once we started opening gifts, she got the hang of it and loved guessing what was inside the packages. She delivered the presents from Gwampa to the lucky recipient and helped that person open the gift. "What is it?" she kept asking.


She was thrilled with her Radio Flyer tricycle and her LLBean rocking moose.

As you can see, our Charlie Brown tree was small but filled with memories. I used my mom's 60-year old ornaments. We got the tree from my husband's logging job. He had cut a bunch of fir trees but couldn't limb them until the temperature got colder. So, we went up there on Saturday morning and he sawed a top off before running over the trees with his skidder to delimb them in the freezing temperatures.


I like this tree as opposed to the ones you can buy that come from a tree farm because those are just too perfect. The trimmed branches don't hold the ornaments like the old-fashioned ones do.


All in all, a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE TREE AND THE GIFTS AND THE ROOM ARE SO ATTRACTIVE!

a.

Lisa said...

Linda, I absolutely adore your tree! It is fabulous! And the ornaments....how special. Sounds like Kylie had a great Christmas. We had a nice quiet day here with our daughters and grandsons.

Merry Christmas!!

Lisa said...

Me again. If you haven't been to my blog lately, head over there and see what I'm doing. I'm hosting a carnival!! How exciting is that? I want to personally invite you to play along. I've spread the word among the two challenges I participate in, so hopefully there will be a few to join in.