Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Love postage Stamps



Part of the thrill of getting a letter almost every day is seeing what stamp my friend has used and how she has decorated the envelope to coordinate.

I got a kick out of the leaf sticker that the Post Office cancelled instead of the stamp! Somehow the letter got turned upside down and the leaf sticker was then in the stamp position.

It took forever to paste these stamps on the page. I started by using a glue stick but they weren't adhering very well, so I switched to a Duck Tape adhesive runner but that ran out quickly. Finally, I tried my Xyron 150 and 250 and they worked really well. I always forget about those machines.

3 comments:

Lindart said...

This is a neat page, Linda! It must be such a treat to get so much mail! Your other pages are neat too, I especially liked the cafeteria one! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Lindart

Lisa said...

Linda, this stamp page is real eye-candy! Another original approach! I came by your blog today to get a prompt for a journal page, but this new post stopped me. Now I'm off in search of a prompt.....

Unknown said...

great! i like the way you arrange your postage stamps.It's nice! I have my Postage stamps. Maybe i can do the same just what you did with your postage stamps.Lol.