Friday, October 26, 2007

Don't You Just Love Saturday Mornings?



I took the pictures of the trees last Saturday morning from my porch when the neighborhood was just drenched with gold. It was a perfect Indian Summer day.

The dotted ribbon on the right was added because I tore the page in half! I couldn't figure out how to repair it at first without it showing. Then I remembered the adhesive ribbon I bought a couple years ago from the Home Shopping Network when I was first getting into scrapbooking.

The corrugated background for the leaves was the front of a pretty notecard handmade by my friend in Florida. I added a watered-down gesso wash.

I added some gold paint to the brown; that's why it's so shiny.

Can't tell you how much I'm enjoying doing these pages. Usually, when I get home from school I paint the page and let it dry for a couple hours until I head upstairs and then I fiddle with it. It's a great thing to do while watching TV. I can't just sit there; I have to have something going on, too.

No comments: