Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 7: Evening

After a renewing swim we decided to explore. Montecatini has two sections. Our hotel was in the lower section called Montecatini Terme. To get to the upper section, Montecatini Alto, we took a tram called The Funicolar.



We had to walk about a mile to get to it but it was a beautiful evening and we didn't even get too lost. It was a great town to meander in because it felt safe with many people around and lots of shops open at night.

I didn't take my big girl camera with me because I didn't want to carry it around so these photos were taken with my iPhone.




The sun was low in the sky as we ascended so I took advantage of it to get some flare in the vineyards.



This is from the top after we got off the tram. I was trying to get the sunset in the fork of the tree and didn't even realize that girl and her hair were there until I checked when we got back to the hotel.



These little boys were playing some game in the alleyway.


The main street was lined on both sides with these outdoor restaurants.



We ate at this one because we loved the plates!



I didn't take too many pictures because it had gotten dark while we were eating.

This was a pleasant thing to do on our free evening. The vistas of the valley were beautiful but just didn't come out on my little phone camera. I always kick myself when I leave my Nikon behind. I wish there was a way of making smaller DSLRs!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Those plates are artwork! I love them too! I love that picture of the tree and the young woman.