Tuesday, May 24, 2011

17

I had a horrible day!

First, I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.  Hate that!

Block 1 was filled with correcting a set of essays.  I won't miss that!

Block 2 kids were okay but chattier than usual. I controlled myself admirably.

Then came Block 3.  One of my boys was being rude so I had to raise my voice to get him to keep his comments to himself.  A girl at the front of the room looked at me and told me not to raise my voice again.  !  Yeah, I told her to get out.  I never send kids to the office but I'd had it today.

Tuesday is lunch duty day.  No problems but I hate standing there in front of the kids trying to eat.

Block 4A is Poetry Writing.  They are working on a project and it took them forever to settle down and get to work. 

Normally, I look forward to Nature Journaling but today they drove me nuts with their whining and complaining about the bugs and spiders and grubs they saw while we were outdoors.

On my way home I got a call from a parent who said, among other things, that she couldn't wait for her daughter to turn eighteen and leave because she couldn't stand her.  It made me so darn sad!

Days like this make the 17 I have left seem interminable!

I did manage a couple pictures:
Saw this bird with his breakfast sitting on the garage in the rain before I headed to hell school.


Some pretty blossoms with bokeh in the background.

Blueberry bells.  I made the kids wiat for me to take a few pictures of these while they were swatting mosquitoes.  Hehe!  Teacher payback!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

On days like those, I do not blame you for being eager to be finished with it all!