Saturday, February 23, 2008

Valentine's Day



We didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day. Some friends were going to the buffet at the Town and Country Inn but we knew it was going to be crowded so decided to stay home. I did make a somewhat special meal including shrimp cocktail and Gary's grandmother Freda's Oatmeal Cookies.

The Early Childhood Education class at our school was selling carnations. Kids ordered them ahead of time then the flowers were delivered during third block. I was pleased to get one from a student I've taught several times, now, and really like.

I'm awful with stamps. As you can see here, my hand slipped and the "thanks" came out all smeary and doubled. I'll have to keep practicing, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Are your backgrounds sponged acrylics? I do a lot of my backgrounds that way. I've worked with acrylics for many years and understand them pretty well. Not so with stamps. I have the same problems you do. There is definitely a knack to it and I don't have it yet. If you notice, I don't use very many stamps in my work. I have acquired a lot of them lately, so I better practice! If you discover any hints, please pass them on. I'll do the same.