Friday, November 30, 2012

Gratitude Journal: Day 30

Yay! I did it! Made it through the whole month. I liked thinking about what I was thankful for each day. It made me more present in the moment. And it made me realize how lucky I am to be retired, to have a great family and wonderful friends.

Even though I spilled a whole half gallon of grape juice today all over the kitchen floor, the fridge, the cupboards and even though I had to spend time with customer support for our cable, that is nothing!

When I get to see this every night, I know life is good.



When I get to walk in the dark and not feel threatened, I know how fortunate I am.



When I see our community transformed by Christmas lights and I have a camera with which I can capture the magic, I smile and am thankful for my husband and kids for getting it for me for my sixtieth birthday.



When I'm able to buy a cool gift for my granddaughter's birthday and Christmas, I know the value of hard work.



When I can sit around most of the morning and feel comfortable with my laziness, I appreciate this golden time in my life.

No comments: