Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apple Picking

Sunday found us at the Gile's Family Farm in Alfred, Maine where we drove into an apple orchard and roamed around picking different types of apples.




Golden Delicious




My favorite is a crispy McIntosh sliced and dipped in Teddie Natural Super Chunky Peanut Butter.




Kylie and Tori on the old tractor. Tori is almost fifteen and was wonderful with Kylie all weekend teaching her gymnastic moves and putting up with her silliness.








We joked that this looks like a posed senior portrait.




Tori felt she was too old to stick her face in the hole so, of course, Kylie didn't want to, either.




On the way home we stopped at the Oak Street Bistro for lunch. Deirdre was good and had a Greek salad with broiled salmon. I went the decadent route and had baked haddock with Newburgh sauce, mashed potatoes, and a zucchini-summer squash medley sautéed with garlic. As usual, I was too anxious to eat and forgot to snap pictures of the food before digging in.




We made an apple pie when we got home so when the guys came in from fishing, it smelled wonderful.
Later.....
Kylie: Grammy, can I have an apple?
Grammy: Of course!
Kylie: I want to make sure I don't have to go to the doctor's!


What's your favorite variety of apple?


1 comment:

Cindy said...

My favorite kind of apple is the Pink Lady. I love them! I think apples growing on a tree is one of the most beautiful sights in nature. That does look like a senior portrait of Kylie. I noticed her beautiful nails!