Thursday, March 1, 2012

Getaway

We took off on the boat for an overnight stay on Marco Island.

Here are a few pictures I took along the way.
Love this old rocking chair sitting on a dock.

These rowers were working hard.

So peaceful and serene.

The Sanibel lighthouse.

We called ahead and made reservations at The Boathouse Inn.

It was vintage Florida.  I got a kick out of this lamp in our room.

Luckily, the place was very clean and friendly.

This cracked me up:

Nice
People
Parking
Only

And it was the only empty parking spot in the whole lot!


Looking east last night at sunset.

A beautiful ending to a couple of relaxing days.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

That all looks like heaven! The blue of that water is the blue color I love so much. Sad no nice people were able to park in that spot! Hey, at least they others were nice enough to admit they were not nice, right?

Lisa said...

Boy, you have it rough with that rigorous retirement schedule--so glad you got a few days to relax and unwind!! ;) I am a sucker for chairs and lighthouses. That chair pic is suitable for framing! I bet you ate good too!!