Monday, July 25, 2011

What a Day

It started out so nice, too.

My husband took off early for fishing so I was able to get up any time and sit around in my bathrobe as long as I wanted.

Then...

I went to Lois' Natural Marketplace.

See that cute polka-dotted charge card holder?

Gone!

Somehow, between leaving the store after paying for my purchases and driving one mile to a grocery store, it disappeared.

I looked everywhere!  Went back to Lois' but no luck.

I had to call two banks and two credit card companies to cancel.  Luckily, there were no new transactions. 

What a pain!

Tomorrow, I have to get a new driver's license after driving two and a half hours without one.

So, when I got home, I needed to relax. 

I poured myself an iced mint decaf green tea.

Read the two letters I got from my friend Anne.

Thanks, Anne!

Then fiddled around with the Instant Poetry app on my iPad and made this:


Isn't it amazing how words from a friend and words made into poetry can totally transform a day?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Since you had a picture of the wallet at the beginning of the post, I was hoping for a happy ending. Sorry about all that hassle.

Cindy said...

There is nothing like a letter from a friend to make one feel hopeful. Bummer about not finding your little cute purse with all of its important contents!