Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yesterday

When I got up, I glanced out my bedroom window and saw the sun trying to force its way through the morning fog.
I stood on the back porch for this.  Then I turned around and saw this site:

I bought this sundress for Kylie from Avon.  My Avon lady's husband smokes and the dress needed freshening so I'd hung it out the night before then forgot about it.  It looked so cute and bright against the gray house in the grayish morning that I just had to take a picture of it.

In the evening I went out to eat with my friend, Dottie and Mary, a former co-worker, now retired.
Here's where we went:
SAALT is a small pub underneath a fantastic restaurant.  The restaurant part was closed so we went to the pub.
I love her old announcement board:
SAALT stands for the names of the owners, Steve and Liz and their three kids, Ava, Ari, and Tao.

The restaurant is in an old bank and they've fixed it up so nicely.  Here's an old dry sink filled with flowers:


And this bench and all these flowers are alongside the walkway:


And I ended the day the same way I started it...with a picture of the sky.



3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that pub! My grandfather used to have an apartment in what had once been a bank. He even had the room that had the vault in it. They had removed the lock for safety but you could still close it. He used it for a pantry!

Library said...

According to my calculations we should be almost to "0" in the countdown! Do tell!

Lisa said...

oops! That was me....I was signed in with my work blog......