Saturday, January 19, 2008

Third Banner


Well, here it is, finally! I'm sure I'm the last one to post. At least, it's before Wednesday!
Someone asked me last week what my background is and, yes, it's corrugated paper that I got at Michael's. They only had olive and and rust so I had to paint the rust one to make the wine color. I put a gesso wash over it thinking it would make it dreamier, but, if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have.
It's been fun trying new things and I've learned so much from viewing everybody else's.
This week's haiku reads:
Snow piles up outside.
I close my eyes and picture:
Sun. Green. Lacy leaves.
I know I used commas in the last line on the banner but I think I'm going to change them to periods. The commas make it seem like the words "sun" and "green" are describing the leaves when I just wanted to dream about sunshine and greenness and leaves.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your banner looks fab. Love it how you've fixed the lace at the E.

Lisa said...

Linda, clever use of the lace! I loved the comment you left me--you make even a blog comment sound poetic! You inspired me and I drafted a haiku in my head the other night, but forgot it by morning! :(

Alan was dismissed to Ronald McDonald House last night-20 days post-transplant! We could be here for 3 weeks for frequent clinic and lab visits.

Barbara said...

I really like how you did your lace, just perfect and looks so nice.

paru's_circle said...

hi dear
thanks for your kind words, glad i reminded you of your grandmother, amazing how sometimes something reminds one of something else, i had alot of help with the paper already being like that!! your corrugated paper is a gem of an idea!! i love the lace part and those little dream letters, what brand are they? regards and keep up the excellent work.. P

Jacqueline said...

Another lovely contribution to your banner - thanks too for your meaningful words on my blog!

Gabrielle Madsen said...

This is lovely, terrific use of postage stamps, and nice poetry...at this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.