Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's Been Quite a Week

It started on Monday when I took my new iPhone 5 for a swim. I've only had it two months. I can't tell you how mad at myself I was! I put it in a bowl of rice for two days but that thing was dead, dead, dead!

Luckily, I had insurance so was able to get a replacement for a mere $200! :-(

On Wednesday we took a ride to Ft. Myers Beach and had a nice day



until, on the way home,



this happened! Some jerk came speeding up beside us, lost control, T-boned our vehicle sending us spinning and rolling. We ended up upside down hanging from our seatbelts.

Thankfully, no serious injuries except for a concussion my daughter suffered and mild whiplash and a banged knee for my husband. Kylie and I were in the backseat playing on our iPads and didn't even see it happen.

As soon as we got home, Kylie wrote the following in her journal.



I love how she ends it on an optimistic note!

Today we went boating to Cayo Costa for a day of relaxation on the beach. Sally, Mike, and Michelle went with us.

Erin took this photo of us in the boat.



We all had a great time!













Kylie adores Michelle!



I had fun with my camera.

It was the perfect antidote to a very stressful week!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thank heavens everyone is okay!! That was a very serious wreck. I loved Kylie's journal entry. It was her first flip and her first car accident. Baby, let's hope it is the last for both of those as well!!! She and Michelle make a beautiful friendship.