Sunday, January 30, 2011

17 1/2 Weeks

That's how many more school weeks I have until retirement!  Can't wait!  I'm so ready.  I'll miss the kids but it's time for me!

I turned 62 yesterday.  Gary took me out for breakfast at The Moonbeam Cafe.

It was delish!  I had "The Sweet Pea" which was poached eggs on turkey breast on tomatoes smothered with hollandaise. I also had sweet potato home fries.  It came with homemade whole wheat toast but I didn't have it; Gary ate it instead along with their homemade cranberry apple preserves.

Everything was such a treat and it was so nice to see fresh flowers!


Having a birthday made me think about my mom.  Here's a short poem I wrote for her about 10 years ago. 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love this post! I am so happy for your approaching retirement yet I am so understanding of your feelings for your mom. There is nothing, absolutely nothing like the love of a mother. She may not be visibly present but she is still with you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice place for both breakfast or lunch!
Can't wait to try it myself:
the Moonbeam Cafe in Gorham NH