Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tuna #4

Yes, Gary got another tuna today.  He hooked up early at 6:15 this morning and fought it for 4 hours before getting it up to the boat.

Then when he was ready to harpoon it, a huge shark hit it and bit the tail off!

Luckily he was able to get it in the boat.

It weighed in at 420 lbs. but would have been about 450 if the whole thing had been there.

Here's Gary (on the right) with his fishing buddy, Don, admiring their catch.

Next stop: Tokyo.  (For the fish, not Gary!)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi, friend! I am terribly behind on my blogging, both posting and visiting! A quick glance around yours tells me you have been traveling and involved in tuna and trees! I plan to settle in and get caught up soon. I've missed you!

Cindy said...

I think I spy the turqoise shirt too!

Walks with Wolves said...

I had NO idea that these fish got THAT huge! Wow!