Friday, February 22, 2013

Bert's Bar and Grill

All Gary's father wants to do is sleep.

When Gary wakes him up in the morning, the first thing he says is, "When can I go back to bed?"

If I ask him if he'd like a glass of iced tea, his response is, "What I'd like is a nap."

And he's always asking, "When is someone going to pour me into bed?"

So, to keep him awake, we went for a boat ride on Wednesday.
We saw:



A biplane passing overhead.



A dolphin chasing his supper in the canal.



Colorful flowers.



Lots of reflections.


Ducks.



Birds.


Purple and turquoise houses.



Calm seas.

We all ordered shrimp and they were plump and juicy. I had mine with buffalo sauce and remembered to take a picture when I had two left.







Gary took this one of me.

On the way home I fooled around with my camera and caught this bokeh with my zoom lens on.






And spied the old moon keeping an eye on us.


Here's an awake Bob! His first words when we got to our table were, "Can I lie down on this bench?"

He might have dozed on the boat a bit but, overall, I'd say we were successful in keeping him awake for the afternoon.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

What a beautiful post. It was poetic. All of my favorite things, bokeh, moon, ducks, turquoise houses, seas, I could go on and on! Have you seen Beasts of the Southern Wild? A bokeh filled movie!!! I so love it.

Unknown said...

Linda,

THANK YOU so much for directing me to your blogspot! I was beginning to feel like a "failure" til I saw that I was not the only one "fighting this fight"!!! You are a good friend!

I love your pics and comments.....keep up the great work!

Sandy