Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Last Year of Teaching Update

We're already in our 3rd week of school.  I can't believe how fast it's going. 

I took these pictures on the first day of school before the kids came in.  Notice the shiny clean floor and white board.  This is the view the kids have when they enter the room.


This is the view from my desk.  I once had all cranberry student desks but my big boys have broken so many that I had to replace them with strays.  (The desks, not the boys!)


This is from the corner of the room where the windows are.  That bulletin board is now covered with literal illustrations of Hamlet's first soliloquy.  "Oh, that this too, too, sullied flesh would melt, thaw, and resolve itself into a dew."  They drew melting ice cubes with Hamlet's head on top.


This is from the back corner looking toward my desk.  See that poster in the upper left-hand corner?  It was made by a student several years ago just before he died.  I can't take it down.

So, I hope you enjoyed this tour of my room.  It's looking a little bit more lived in, now.  There is writing all over the white board and small posters of love similes made by my tenth graders taped on the blue chalk board.  My favorite: Love is like gold; it's hard and expensive.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That comment that love is like gold is certainly true;it is hard and expensive! It has many traits like gold;valuable, limited resource, beautiful but it does come with a price attached.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Are you retiring next year?

Love your class room!

God Bless You and Yours!!!