Monday, February 22, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

I drove up to my husband's logging job today.
When I got there, the crane operator was there slashing the logs.
Then we got on my husband's skidder
and drove up into the woods.
On the way up to where he was cutting, we saw this:
I was thrilled!
Then he left me off
and continued on toward the trees waiting to be cut.
I walked down the skidder trail
back to his wood yard.
On the way, I saw this critter:
Some kind of mole or vole.
It had a red nose.  Any body know what it is?

On my way out, I took a picture of a couple of my husband's wood piles:
It's amazing to me that he works by himself with just an old skidder and produces so much wood.


3 comments:

Cindy said...

That little creature kind of looks like Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle without the bonnet, of course!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I agree with Cindy.

What a great walk and
wonderful photos!!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Lisa said...

The deer is lovely. Please let us know when you learn what that odd little creature is.