Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Beginning of the Week

I had leftover chicken and wanted to make a casserole so looked in the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book that my grandmother, Nonie, gave me when I got married almost 38 years ago.

Unfortunately, I didn't have all of the ingredients for any of the recipes in there so decided just to mix and match. Gary liked it so much he made me write it down. I called it Kitchen Sink Chicken Casserole because it contained everything but!

The cheese sauce was left over from an earlier meal when we'd had broccoli. So, I threw that in but some shredded cheese would probably work fine, too; I'd just add more evaporated milk.

1 comment:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

LOL! I am suppose to be on break
but I decide to come by.

LOL, because in my draft after
watching Alone in the Wilderness
on PBS, I decide I wanted to make up my own version of his recipe. He said, his stew had everything in it but the kitchen sponge. LOL! That just cracked me up.

I picked some tiny blue weeds
and put them in my planter box.
We have dandelions and a couple
of weeds in bloom. That is my flowers.

Flower Fix Tip:
If no one sends you roses
or a bouquet of flowers,
plant your own garden, buy
yourself some flowers or go
out and pick the weeds that
are in bloom.

God Bless You and Your!!!